Life Sciences is a broad and dynamic industry sector marked by rapid technological advancements and innovation. From closely held emerging companies to publicly traded corporations with global operations, life sciences companies spanning pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, diagnostic imaging and testing, and agricultural technology rely on Waller for legal counsel that is equally responsive and innovative.
We are also involved in regional conferences and organizations geared towards the development of medical device, pharmaceutical and other life science companies, including Memphis BioWorks’ Zeroto510 program, Life Sciences Tennessee, the Association of University Technology Managers and the Musculoskeletal New Ventures Conference.
Capital Raises and Transactions
- Help life sciences companies commercialize the significant new products and technologies they are developing through representation in a wide range of capital raising activities, including venture capital, private equity, commercial finance transactions, and preferred stock and other securities offerings
- Represent life sciences companies in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and other strategic corporate transactions
- Assist life sciences clients in the negotiation of strategic licensing arrangements and technology transfer agreements for the development, manufacturing, packaging, marketing, and distribution of pharmaceutical products and medical devices
- Waller’s experience includes generic and branded products and includes numerous cross-border arrangements between companies based in the United States, Canada, Central and South America, Europe, Asia, China, India, and Australia
- Obtain and defend patents for pharmaceutical products, medical devices, and testing processes
- Assist life science clients in negotiating clinical research and development agreements
- Defend pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in product liability disputes
- Provide counsel on matters including Medicare reimbursement issues, government investigations and other fraud and abuse questions
- Design, develop and implement compliance programs