Representing financial services companies and employers in all industries, Chris Driskill helps guide clients through all manner of civil litigation. Clients value his responsiveness and ability to tailor litigation strategies to their particular objectives.
Banks and financial institutions rely on Chris in complex commercial litigation and consumer disputes, including the enforcement of commercial financial instruments and claims alleging breach and commercial fraud. Chris has also defended against wrongful foreclosure actions and claims brought under TILA, RESPA, the FDCPA, and the TCPA.
Additionally, Chris maintains an active practice defending employers against claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment brought under federal and state law. He also advises employers on employment contracts, personnel decisions, and business strategies to avoid potential litigation.
- 2017 Mid-South Rising Star - Super Lawyer
Financial Services Litigation
- Served as counsel in successful enforcement of multimillion dollar commercial loan guarantee in arbitration. Acted as primary counsel for discovery, pre-hearing briefing, and a week-long evidentiary hearing, after which the panel of arbitrators awarded the full amount of relief sought by the client.
- Successfully petitioned for mandamus relief from the Alabama Supreme Court and obtained dismissal under Rule 12(b)(6) of claim against national lender for alleged misconduct related to purchase and sale of securities.
- Represented former officers and directors of a bank holding company against shareholder derivative claims. Obtained dismissal as a matter of law, which was upheld on appeal to the Alabama Supreme Court
- Represented financial institutions in numerous consumer claims, including wrongful foreclosure, TILA, RESPA, FDCPA, TCPA, and FCRA actions, and claims under the UCC.
- Represented employers in defending against all manners of federal and state employment discrimination, retaliation, and harassment claims, including:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 42 U.S.C. § 1981
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Alabama Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Retaliatory Discharge under the Alabama Workers’ Compensation Act
- Advised employers concerning employment contracts, employment practices, and personnel decisions
Chris enjoys spending time with his wife and their two sons, and has several interests outside the legal profession that include travel, art, and sports. Chris spent his college years as a cook and still enjoys preparing and cooking a variety of foods, including curing and smoking meats.