Partner, Former Waller Board Member
Providers in the physician services, behavioral health, outpatient services, and home health sectors turn to Brent Hill for counsel in acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures of healthcare facilities throughout the United States. Over the past few years, Brent’s practice has increasingly concentrated on the representation of hospital-based physician specialty practices in sales to investor-owned healthcare companies. To enhance the certainty of successful outcomes and protect client interests, Brent focuses on the determination and equitable allocation of risk between buyer and seller while navigating the regulatory issues that complicate healthcare transactions. His skills as a negotiator, a problem solver, and a closer are recognized in both long-term and new client relationships.
Despite providing counsel in what are often high-pressure, strategic transactions, Brent realizes that getting to know the CEOs, General Counsel, CFOs, and Development Officers with whom he works is a critical element in achieving client objectives. Company leaders appreciate his easy rapport and the way he gains a deep understanding of their priorities and concerns.
Brent has been recognized by Best Lawyers for his experience in corporate and healthcare law and by Chambers USA for his experience in healthcare law in Tennessee.
- $3,100,000,000 sale of a publicly held behavioral healthcare company
- $560,000,000 acquisition of 20 psychiatric hospitals located in 11 states
- $350,000,000 sale of emergency physician practice
- $321,000,000 acquisition of a publicly held behavioral healthcare company
- $135,000,000 sale of an anesthesia physician practice
- $120,000,000 acquisition of five psychiatric hospitals
- $115,000,000 sale of anesthesia physician practice
- $113,000,000 acquisition of four inpatient psychiatric facilities
- $105,000,000 sale of a home health company
- $100,000,000 sale of an institutional pharmacy company
- $91,500,000 sale of a behavioral health facility
- $75,000,000 sale of a home health company
- $60,000,000 capitalization and joint venture of a hospital
- $53,000,000 acquisition of a behavioral and addiction treatment services provider
- $35,000,000 diagnostic imaging joint venture
- $26,000,000 acquisition of a psychiatric hospital
- $25,000,000 sale of an anesthesia physician practice
- Member, Georgia, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Associate, Spears, Moore, Rebman and Williams in Chattanooga, Tenn., 1994-96
- J.D., Emory University, 1994
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, 1991
Brent has a number of interests outside of the firm that he takes very seriously at times. His wife Maureen has dubbed him a "serial hobbyist." After completing several triathlons and cycling extensively, Brent turned his attention to golf, tennis and fishing. Currently, he is learning to play guitar.