From small companies needing big-picture advice, to publicly traded corporations involved in transformative transactions, Jay Nixon offers clients a down-to-earth, personal approach and a wealth of experience. Healthcare organizations, manufacturers and technology companies seek Jay’s assistance in areas such as:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Securities offerings and compliance
- Corporate governance
- Venture capital financing
- Joint venture transactions
Boards of directors and board committees rely on Jay for strategic advice and counsel regarding corporate and securities issues, including offerings, governance, public company disclosure and periodic reporting requirements, Section 16 compliance, insider trading and strategic analysis.
Clients value Jay's ability to understand their needs and respond with timely and practical counsel. His successes include the representation of:
- A leading publicly traded behavioral healthcare services provider in its review of strategic alternatives and eventual $3.1 billion sale to a strategic buyer
- A publicly traded operator of ambulatory surgery centers in its $600 million acquisition by private equity funds; also represented the company in refinancing the debt incurred in the private equity transaction; and previously represented the company in its initial public offering and in various acquisition and development transactions
- A leading healthcare services company in its acquisition of a private equity-owned competitor for total consideration of approximately $1.3 billion
- A leading behavioral healthcare provider in financing transactions, including equity and debt offerings, raising approximately $2.0 billion used to acquire a leading independent provider of behavioral healthcare in the United Kingdom
- A privately held producer of cost transparency and consumer engagement tools for employers and health plans in its $135 million acquisition by a private equity-owned competitor which provides revenue cycle management and health IT solutions
Jay enjoys outdoor activities including golf, tennis and camping. He spends much of his free time trying to keep up with his three children and all of their activities.