Justin Hickerson provides counsel on regulatory compliance and operational issues to healthcare providers ranging from hospitals and health systems to ambulatory surgery centers, dental support organizations and vision care providers. His experience includes Medicare billing and reimbursement issues, provider contracts, physician recruitment agreements and professional and facility licensure. Additionally, in transactional matters such as mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures, Justin assists with change of ownership filings and other regulatory requirements.
- Member, Nashville and Tennessee Bar Associations
- Member, Leadership Health Care
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Law Clerk, Clark Business and Health Law, Franklin, Tenn., 2016 - 2017
- Legal Intern, Chief Justice Jeffrey S. Bivins, Tennessee Supreme Court, Nashville, Tenn., 2016
- Legal Intern, United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Tennessee, Nashville, Tenn., 2015
- J.D., magna cum laude, Belmont University College of Law, 2017
- Health Law Certificate
- Notes Editor, Belmont Law Review
- Events Coordinator, Health Law Society
- 2nd Place L. Edward Bryant, Jr. National Health Law Transactional Moot Court, 2016 and 2017
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Tennessee, Political Science, 2014
- Judge John M. Scheb Prize for distinguished performance in the study of law
- Service & Volunteer Medallion for more than 100 hours of community service
When he’s away from the office, Justin and his wife, Whitney, spend their time going to movies, Titans games, plays, and concerts. Justin also enjoys training in handgun marksmanship and volunteering at his church.