Healthcare providers call on Kim Looney to advise them on day-to-day operational issues such as recruitment and employment, and regulatory issues such as maintaining ongoing compliance with Stark and federal anti-kickback regulations.
Key representative clients include:
- Hospitals and physician organizations
- Outpatient service providers
- Long term care providers
- Home health and hospice organizations
- Investor-owned and non-profit providers
- Psychiatric services providers
As a leader in healthcare regulatory compliance, Kim provides guidance to clients on the complex Stark and federal anti-kickback regulatory environment. Her transactional experience includes the analysis of fraud and abuse and other regulatory issues in structuring joint ventures and in mergers and acquisitions. As important as her comprehensive understanding of the regulatory environment, Kim offers clients innovative solutions in relatable terms.
Clients turn to Kim for her creative problem-solving skills in matters such as:
- Regulatory issues such as physician self-referred (Stark) and federal anti-kickback matters
- Compliance issues related to Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse
- Operational issues such as licensing, Medicare certification and reimbursement, medical staff and state matters
- Development of integrated delivery systems such as IPAs, PHOs, and ACOs
- Certificate of need (CON) applications and hearings
- Contract issues for managed care agreements, professional service agreements, and recruiting and employment agreements
- Compliance issues and compliance plans
- Reimbursement audits
Recognized for her leadership, Kim serves on the board of directors of the American Health Lawyers Association. She was recognized in 2013 by the Nashville Business Journal as a "Healthcare Hero." She has also been named to Nashville Medical News' annual "InCharge Healthcare" list, a compendium of key decision-makers across Nashville's healthcare community. Best Lawyers recognizes Kim as a leading attorney in the category of Healthcare Law. Kim is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Kim frequently speaks at state and national teleconferences and seminars on healthcare topics. Kim was also recently listed as a "2017 Mid-South Super Lawyer."
Kim and her husband have two children.