Companies requiring assistance with their benefits and compensation programs turn to Sean Sullivan for practical, real-world advice. Sean brings a bright personality to his practice, in which he focuses on:
- Equity-based compensation plans, such as stock options, restricted stock, and phantom stock plans
- Welfare and fringe benefit plans
- ERISA disputes and negotiations
- Tax-qualified retirement plans, including profit sharing, 401(k), cash balance, and traditional pension plans
- Specialized employee benefit arrangements, such as employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) and voluntary employees' beneficiary associations (VEBAs)
From small doctors' groups to multi-national, publicly traded businesses, a diverse group of companies utilize Sean's services. In all cases, Sean is drawn to the personal, non-abstract nature of his work. He does not "give advice from an ivory tower," and appreciates that real people are affected by the decisions he is helping clients make. Sean embraces the challenge of delivering timely, practical, direct counsel in a field that is not always an exact science.
Sean enjoys hiking, backpacking and canoeing, and sharing those experiences with his wife and daughters. Favorite trips have been to Banff National Park in Alberta and the Boundary Waters between Ontario and Minnesota.