Pat Murphy has earned a reputation for structuring sophisticated mezzanine funding deals behind scores of middle market transactions. Issuers, investors and financial sponsors rely on Pat for counsel on complex mezzanine structures including extensive subordination and intercreditor arrangements. Pat represents finance companies, lending institutions, investment funds and private equity funds throughout the Southeast with a focus on transactions involving senior and subordinated debt components. These transactions typically entail loans, debt with warrants and sweeping intercreditor relationships related to a variety of business entities and industries.
Pat also represents several privately owned and family owned businesses.
Prior to attending law school, Pat was a certified public accountant with the accounting firm of Ernst & Whinney.
Pat’s extensive experience representing mezzanine funds includes structuring and closing the following transactions:
- $25 million subordinate loan to provide financing for a provider of vehicle title loans.
- Subordinate loans totaling $12.5 million with equity warrants to provide growth financing for reselling of new and pre-owned networking and telecommunications equipment.
- $5.6 million senior loan with equity warrants to provide acquisition and growth financing for a provider of managed hosting solutions.
- $7 million subordinate loan with equity warrants to provide growth financing for a company providing interactive social media platform simplification for the search of high quality health care information.
- $10 million subordinate loan with an equity warrant to provide financing to a private equity fund for the acquisition of a specialty consulting and temporary staffing agency.
- Multi-tiers of subordinate loans with an equity investment component to provide $5 million of financing to a private equity fund for the acquisition of proprietary laboratory IMS software to assist with automation and quality assurance.
- Subordinate loans with equity warrants to provide $5.7 million of growth financing for a specialty restaurant concept chain.
- A control transaction with $14 million of subordinate loans and equity investments to provide financing for multiple acquisitions of regional staffing companies.
- Subordinate loans with equity warrants with an aggregate value of $7 million to provide growth capital financing for a provider of home health services.
- Subordinate loans with equity warrants totaling $27 million to provide financing for the recapitalization of a provider of software and hosting services related to Usenet.
Pat’s experience representing private equity funds includes negotiating and closing the following transactions:
- $28 million senior loan to complete an acquisition of a designer and marketer of innovative motion technologies and controls for furniture markets.
- Senior and subordinate loans with an aggregate value of $21.5 million to complete an acquisition of a provider of premium branded mill and bakery products.
- Senior and subordinate loans totaling $66 million to complete an acquisition of a leading designer and marketer of outdoor cooking appliances.
- $9 million senior loan (including Term B Loan structure) to complete an acquisition of a designer and manufacturer of transaction window and drawer systems.
- Senior and subordinate loans with an aggregate value of $44 million to finance an acquisition of flexible materials converting company with products used in automotive, electronics, appliance and healthcare industries.
- Senior and subordinate loans totaling $23 million to complete an acquisition of a design and manufacturing company in the computer mounting and space saving products business.