Executive Director, Financial Services Department
As the Executive Director of Waller’s Financial Services department, Ron Snitker works in concert with the department’s chair and steering committee to leverage the firm’s extensive experience advising commercial and investment banks, trust companies, credit unions, bank holding companies, specialty lenders, broker-dealers, securities firms, investment advisors, and electronic payment and financial technology companies. In addition to the development and implementation of the Financial Services department’s strategic business plan, Ron assists multi-disciplinary client and industry sector teams comprising attorneys from Waller’s corporate, commercial finance, bankruptcy and restructuring, dispute resolution, and tax practices.
Ron joined Waller in 2015 after gaining more than 20 years of experience with high-profile financial services companies in roles ranging from sales and marketing administration to serving as a relationship manager for corporate equity compensation clients. Ron received his Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation in 2003 from the Certified Equity Professional Institute. Ron spoke at the Global Equity Organization's international conferences in London and Chicago as well as the Certified Equity Professional Institute's Symposium. He also served on the advisory boards for the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals and the Global Equity Organization.
Ron holds dual MBAs from the Haas School of Business (University of California, Berkeley) and Columbia Business School, as well as a B.B.A. in Finance and a B.A. in Music Performance from the University of Iowa.
Ron is active with several local and national philanthropic causes, including his current board position with the Nashville LGBT Chamber of Commerce where he serves as vice president.
- Global Equity Organization
- Corporate Advisory Board, 2005-2015
- Conference Speaker, 2010
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals
- Corporate Advisory Board, 2013-2015
- Nashville Chapter President, 2007-2008
- Certified Equity Professional Institute
- Conference Speaker, 2006 and 2014
- UBS Financial Services Inc., Equity Plan Advisory Services
- Director, Sales Marketing & Administration, Nashville, Tenn., 2013-2015
- Co-chair, UBS Pride Americas (UBS’ LGBT Employee Resource Group), 2014-2015
- Director, Business Development, San Francisco, 2009-2013
- Director, Client Manager, Nashville, Tenn., 2006-2009
- Associate Director, Client Relationship Manager, Nashville, Tenn., 2002-2006
- Call Center Supervisor, Nashville, Tenn., 2000-2001
- Allstate Benefits fka American Heritage Life Insurance
- Regional Marketing Coordinator, Nashville, Tenn., 2000
- Principal Financial Group
- Senior Manager, Marketing and Administration, Nashville, Tenn., 1997-1999
- Senior Registered Representative, Nashville, Tenn., 1995-1997
- Pension Administration Specialist, Des Moines, Iowa, 1994-1995
- M.B.A., Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley
- M.B.A., Columbia Business School, Columbia University
- B.B.A., University of Iowa, Finance
- B.A., University of Iowa, Music Performance
Ron serves as a mentor and has presented at both regional and national conferences on LGBT-related topics and diversity, including Out & Equal's Workplace Summit and Middle Tennessee State University’s LGBT+ College Conference. Ron and his husband currently reside in East Nashville.