Alex King represents individuals and corporate entities in a variety of matters, including commercial litigation and employment litigation. She also advises employers on best practices for employment law compliance and risk management. Alex has experience in complex commercial litigation, including the successful representation of a Fortune 500 company in a false advertising case under the Lanham Act in which, following a two-week trial, the jury returned verdict in company’s favor. Her experience also includes breach of contract disputes, violations of non-compete and non-disclosure agreements, trade secret misappropriation, and breach of real estate agreements. Additionally she has represented clients in securities litigation class actions, including investigations and enforcement proceedings by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
Employers of all sizes turn to Alex for counsel on a wide range of employment matters:
- Hiring and termination practices
- In-house investigations relating to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Department of Labor and Texas Workers Compensation (TWC) claims
- Employment severance and settlement agreement review and preparation
- Employee agreements, including compensation, non-competes, and non-disclosures contracts
- Risk management review and consultation, including FLSA and FMLA compliance
- In-house presentations and training
- Employment handbook and policy/practice review, consulting and development
Alex represents employers and employees in employment litigation and administrative actions such as:
- DOL investigations
- EEOC actions, including investigation, response, mediation, and litigation
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) actions (employer and employee side)
- Non-compete disputes
- Cases related to allegations of race, gender, age and disability discrimination brought under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Before joining Waller, Alex was a partner with Taube Summers Harrison Taylor Meinzer Brown, LLP, a preeminent bankruptcy and civil litigation boutique firm in Austin, Tex.
Alex is a native Texan who knows very little about college football or any other sport (and is bad at faking it), but her husband and two boys like her anyway.