Clients in the real estate, healthcare, banking, and financial services industries rely on Shane Morris to assist them when navigating the complex tax issues arising throughout all stages of the business lifecycle.
Shane assists clients with a wide variety of matters, including the following:
- Limited liability company (LLC) and partnership equity compensation
- Formation of private equity, securities and real estate funds
- International tax issues for U.S. companies conducting business overseas and foreign companies conducting business within the U.S.
- LLC and partnerships agreements
- Tax and governance matters faced by tax-exempt and non-profit entities
- Private letter rulings from the IRS
- Federal tax controversies with IRS, including representation before the U.S. Tax Court
- Strategic tax planning for starting, financing, growing and exiting a business
- Surgery center LLC and partnership syndications
- Disposition of assets and businesses, including tax-free reorganizations, like-kind exchanges, and creative uses of partnerships
- Complex tax matters faced by publicly traded and private REITs
Shane is a huge fan of Alabama football - and Chocolate Labrador Retrievers! He attends football games whenever possible and also enjoys playing golf and reading books on a wide variety of topics.