Ted Habermann is of counsel in Waller’s Nashville office, where he is a member of the Intellectual Property Group. Ted has worked with franchisors ranging from start-up systems to national franchise companies for more than 20 years, counseling them on all aspects of franchising.
Ted’s wide variety of experience includes working with franchise regulatory and relationship matters, including:
- Structuring franchise programs
- Drafting franchise agreements and disclosure documents
- Counseling on federal and state regulatory issues, franchise transfers, terminations, renewals, mergers and acquisitions
- Franchisee compliance issues
- System policy and practice development
- Assisting in the negotiation and resolution of disputes
- Responding to state and federal administrative inquiries and investigations
- Counseling on the establishment of franchise advisory councils and cooperatives
Thorough, prompt and responsive, Ted is committed to being available to clients who need assistance with the wide variety of regulatory and operations issues faced by franchisors, including conflicts with franchisees.
In addition, Ted’s experience includes:
- Distribution agreements
- Media purchase agreements
- Sales representative and marketing arrangements
- Sponsorship agreements
- Supply chain matters
- Sweepstakes and promotions
- Technology agreements
- Trademark and domain name disputes
- Venue facility agreements.
Originally from Wisconsin, Ted has called Nashville home for the past 25 years. He enjoys working out and is an avid football fan.