An associate in Waller’s Finance and Restructuring practice, Tyler Layne assists commercial finance firms in negotiating and structuring credit facilities with mid-market companies in healthcare and other industries. Tyler also represents lenders in bankruptcy and restructuring engagements, including out-of-court workouts. In addition, Tyler works with distressed companies that are considering filing for bankruptcy protection.
Before joining Waller, Tyler gained experience as an associate in the New York office of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP where he served as debtor’s counsel in one of the largest Chapter 11 filings of 2012. He also served as counsel for creditors and interested parties in other significant Chapter 11 and Securities Investor Protection Act cases.
- Represented the indenture trustee for $1,450,000,000 and $934,700,000 of notes in oil and gas Chapter 11 cases in Texas.
- Represented a home health provider in the acquisition of distressed assets in a Chapter 11 case in Kentucky.
- Represented the senior secured lender in the Wisconsin Chapter 128 receivership of the operator of sixty-five nursing homes in the Midwest and Pacific Northwest
- Represented the senior secured lender in the Chapter 11 cases of the operator of four skilled nursing facilities in Connecticut
- Represented a specialty finance firm in structuring and closing a $96,375,000 term loan, $5,000,000 delayed draw term loan and $15,000,000 revolving loan to provide acquisition financing to a third-party logistics provider
- Represented the senior secured lender in the Chapter 11 cases of a coffee processor and distributor in Hawaii
- Represented the two principal unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 cases of the operator of fourteen skilled nursing facilities across the southeastern United States
- Represented the venture capital arm of investor-owned healthcare company in the structuring, closing, and restructuring of numerous convertible loans
- Represented investor-owned healthcare companies in the acquisition of multiple distressed hospitals across the country, both in and out of bankruptcy proceedings
- Represented the senior secured lender in the Chapter 11 cases of a durable medical equipment distributor in New Jersey
- Represented a critical care product supplier in the structuring and closing of its $50,000,000 senior secured credit facility
- Represented the debtor-in-possession lender in the Chapter 11 case of a laboratory company in Virginia
- Member, Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Associate, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, New York, N.Y., 2012-2014
- J.D., magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2012
- Order of the Coif
- Executive Editor, American Criminal Law Review
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Political Science, Philosophy, 2009
Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Courts, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court, All Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Tyler is an Atlanta native who roots for the Tennessee Volunteers football team and the North Carolina Tar Heels basketball team. He also enjoys exploring Nashville’s country and bluegrass music scene.