Wells Beckett assists privately held and publicly traded companies across a variety of industries with corporate and business matters, such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and securities offerings. With an emphasis in the healthcare industry, Wells has the extensive knowledge and experience critical to structuring and negotiating transactions involving healthcare companies. For example, Wells has recently represented healthcare industry clients in:
- Hospital acquisitions and dispositions
- Healthcare IT company mergers
- Health system joint ventures and mergers (including investor-owned, academic and not-for-profit systems)
- Home health, hospice and skilled nursing facility acquisitions and dispositions
- Acute care and psychiatric hospital development and construction projects
- Debt and equity securities offerings
- Private equity and venture capital investments
- SEC compliance and reporting matters
Additionally, startups and early-stage companies rely on Wells for guidance in accessing growth capital, while venture capital and private equity funds rely on Wells for guidance in structuring their investments in new and emerging companies. Clients value the practical advice that Wells provides to help them accomplish their goals efficiently while minimizing risks and maximizing business opportunities.
Growing up along the Tennessee River, Wells is an avid fisherman and spends much of his spare time exploring the streams and lakes of Tennessee and Alabama. Wells enjoys road biking, kayaking and jogging with his family. Both Wells and his wife are musicians, so one of their favorite weekend activities is playing music with their friends.